Our tips for a productive week:
1. Make a plan. Nothing works better than writing down your thoughts on a piece of paper. You can divide a paper into four sections and sort your tasks into four categories: Urgent, Important, Regular, and Can Do Later.
2. Don’t let it stop you. There will be many obstacles throughout your day or week. Make sure you’re not slowing down because of issues beyond your control. When you have more information or a new perspective, move on to the next task and come back to the other problem. Sometimes we just have to take a step back.
3. Take small breaks. It might sound counterproductive, but taking a break will actually boost your performance. You could talk to a colleague or take a short walk. A little exercise is good.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. This tip is also beneficial for your overall health. The quality of your sleep will directly affect the quality of your work. Rest and get more mobile.
5. No multitasking. Although we all know a multitasking ninja, try to focus on one task at a time. Try to organize your time to get the job done and minimize external distractions as much as possible.
6. Delegate tasks. We often take on more than we can handle. However, what you should focus on is the quality of your work and not how many tasks you have on your shoulders. To produce quality work, free yourself from the responsibilities of a trusted colleague who happens to have some spare time. Ask for help with smaller tasks when you need time to focus on upcoming projects.